UC Berkeley has played a key role in the development of climate solutions and partnering with the state to support California's emissions reductions goals. We’re excited to build on this experience and work with our colleagues in China to address the complex global challenges ahead.
—David Ackerly, Dean of the College of Natural Resources
The Institute is a UC-wide initiatve housed jointly at UC Berkeley’s School of Law Center for Law, Energy & the Environment — and College of Natural Resources, and will deploy the university’s resources and expertise to advance joint research on:
- Low-carbon transportation and zero emission vehicles
- Carbon pricing
- Climate adaptation and resilience
- Sustainable land use and climate-smart agriculture
- Carbon capture and storage, and
- Long term climate goal-setting and policy enforcement
Through this work, the Institute will identify and share best practices and key lessons; scale innovative climate solutions; and help inform top policy and decision makers in California and China — and beyond.